Motor Vehicle Accident Recovery Massage
What You Need To Know
At Zenana Spa and Wellness Center our experienced licensed massage therapists work to help relieve pain and inflammation, alleviate spasms, address restricted muscle patterns, and support the healing of soft tissue damage which can be common after physical trauma such as from an auto accident. If you have been involved in a car accident and feel that massage services would help you in your healing process, we are here to help you.
Here you will find valuable information to get you started towards your recovery.
- By law insurance will pay for medically necessary massage therapy for injuries sustained in a car accident. Medical necessity is easily obtained from any chiropractor, naturopath or medical doctor.
- You are free to go to any medical provider or facility you choose, you do NOT have to use your own health insurance.
- Oregon State Law minimum protection is $15,000 for treatment, including massage therapy, for up to 1 year after your car accident.
- In the State of Oregon you must file a car accident report within 72 hours. Don’t forget! Here is a link for you to obtain more information from the state of Oregon site. http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/driverid/accidentreport.shtml
- Insurance billing will be provided at no additional cost to you!
What type of coverage do you qualify for?
- Liability (Bodily injury and property damage for each person) This covers the people you injure when you are at fault.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) This covers you, and anyone in your vehicle that was injured during the accident.
- Uninsured Motorist (Bodily injury and property damage for each person) This covers you, if the other driver is at fault and does not have insurance.
Who can you see to get a prescription for massage?
- Primary Care Physicians
- Naturopathic Doctors
- Dr. Liz Wallace at Zenana Spa and Wellness Center
- (503) 238-6262
- Physical Therapists
*Any of these doctors can write you a prescription. The prescription must have a diagnosis, the number of massage treatments prescribed, and ICD 10 codes.
What we need before the day of your first massage treatment?
- Proper insurance information.
- Your insurance ID#
- Your birthday
- The insurance company’s name, address, and phone number
- The incident’s claim number
- The adjuster’s name and phone number (The adjuster is the representative from your car insurance that is assigned to your specific auto accident case.)
- A complete prescription from one of the above approved sources.You may fax or have the medical office fax us a prescription as well.
- Credit or debit card to hold appointments in compliance with our cancellation policies. (no charges are made unless client late cancels)
Why is MVA Recovery Massage Beneficial?
The most common observation among auto injury cases is that many did not seek immediate clinical attention only to see the condition get worse. It is a misconception that only high speed accidents cause damage. Low speed accidents also cause damage to the body that can result in lifelong problems if not corrected. Consider that many injuries take days, weeks, or even months to appear.
Typically, the goals of massage therapy in Motor Vehicle Accident Recovery Massage are to:
- reduce stress
- reduce pain and swelling
- improve circulation
- improve range of motion
- decrease the amount of adhesions/scar tissue formation
In addition to the physical trauma to the body, auto and bike accidents often have an emotional impact too. A holistic approach to recovery supports the nervous system as well as the musculoskeletal system, helping the patient heal from both the physical and the emotional trauma from the accident.Trauma in various places upon impact can result in a number of injuries and abnormalities that cannot be viewed upon x-ray and there may be no visible damage. As a result, the seriousness of an injury is often initially overlooked. It’s important to take the time you need to heal, we are here to help you on your journey to wellness.
For further questions or to make an appointment please call us at : 503-238-6262
Zenana Spa and Wellness Center